Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hi Family, I'm Alive and Well

Hey, better late than never on the blog posts, right? I hope at some point to write all about all the cool stuff I did in Ghana (lots of cool stuff!). Hope is the key word there. Maybe I'll at least upload some of my pictures. I'm not great at this whole consistency thing.

Anyway, I've been in Argentina a little less than a week now! I was supposed to arrive Monday morning but ended up getting here in the evening after missing a flight. On that note I'd like to give an enormous shoutout to Gommy and Brian for coming through for me in my hour of need/in every hour of need I've ever had.

I really don't fly well so when I got here I was pretty much a mess. Thankfully I have a great host mom who has been taking excellent care of me. She's a retired math teacher and widow who loves to talk and joke and cooks good food. The house is really cute and I have the whole upstairs to myself with my own bathroom so I couldn't ask for more. Also, the bathroom has a bidet and I tried it for the first time today and I don't know why we don't have more bidets back in the US.

Tomorrow I'm going with my host mom's granddaughter up into the mountains to go play in the snow. We rented snowsuits and sleds. I look wonderfully ridiculous in my snowsuit. I'll try to get a picture.

School starts Monday! I'd write about it but I'm pretty nervous so trying not to think about that too much right now! I know it will be fine but I always anticipate the worst. At least I am always pleasantly surprised when everything works out in the end.

Till next time I'll leave you with two pictures: me in front of a big statue and the view I got on the phone with Andy today as he ate chicken nuggets in his car.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you...excited to hear about your current adventure

    ReplyDelete